Each time I go into nature. I want to stay there. I've never been into the wilderness and thought "I can't wait to get back to the city". Never once. I have only ever lived in cities or in suburbs though. So I often wonder, is being in nature something that is just a greener (pun intended) pasture? Or is it something that my spirit and soul would continue to enjoy no matter how long I stayed?

I've just gotten back from the jungle, rocks, beach and sea. I love waking up to water and green. When I wake up to the sun lighting my porch, its warmth on my skin...when I feel the different birds chirping (or squawking!) to each other... when I can look out over an expanse of water, it just feels so damn good for my soul. Truthfully, I would like to have that every single day.
It is strange being in this concrete jungle. I don't dislike it. I'm quite used to it. There are patches of green here and there that bring me joy. The little bamboo plant growing on my balcony blows to and fro in the wind and makes tickles the nature lover inside me daily.
Perhaps I need to listen to that voice inside me that keeps saying "go back to nature, I am your roots, I am where you came from and you belong with me all day and everyday". Or perhaps I have become, or always have been a variety-loving creature that craves whatever she hasn't had in a long time. Ah well, I trust that my soul will shout out to me "no more! I will not stand it any longer!" when and if the day comes that I no longer belong in a city. Until then, I will create my pockets of nature immersion in whatever way I can.
I suppose we must trust that the best we can do is to listen carefully to what our soul and spirit is telling us, and make the most of what we have in the present.
No comments:
Post a Comment